Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting Started


So this is my first time.

I admit it, I'm a virgin blogger.

Not sure I'm gonna tell anyone about this, just needed a place to vent, share frustrations, leave messages for my kids, make sure I'm not forgotten.

I used to journal when I was in high school, really enjoyed it, carried it with me everywhere. It's how I would spend my free time in school, if I wasn't reading. All my hopes, dreams, fears, failures, and few successes were displayed on those pages. Now, couldn't tell you where they were.

So, from the title of my blog, you all have assumed correctly that I am a mother. I have two beautiful children, Isaac, 28 months, and Annaliese, 14 months. Didn't plan it that way, but definitely wouldn't change it now. They are everything I could have ever wanted, and oh, how I wanted them. Isaac is blond and beautiful, he has eyelashes for days and is a little charmer. He loves music, especially drums and loves to sing! He certainly takes after his father. Annaliese is my strong willed princess. She is soooo pretty, if I hadn't been there when she was born, I would doubt she was mine. She knows what she wants and will let you know if she's not happy. She generally has a good disposition though. At two months old she was hospitalized for Pertussis (whooping cough), and would cough so hard she would vomit. Then she would look at me and grin her beautiful smile, it truly was heartbreaking.

We live, along with my dear husband, Marty, in Adamsville, TN. Don't be surprised if you've never heard of it, most people haven't, especially if you're under 50 and have no clue who Buford Pusser is (Google him, would take too long to explain here). Some days I love it, town of less than 2000, very friendly, great for kids and others I hate it. Didn't grow up in a very big town, but at least there was a Wal-mart! Marty is the Children's/Youth Pastor at the local Baptist church and I stay at home with my babies. It's working out pretty well, so far. We've been here 7 years and feel at home.

I guess I want this blog to just be a memory keeper for my children. I have journals that I've started for them but have found it difficult to keep up with them. Their poor baby books have been neglected too! I wanted so much to do it right. With the scrapbooks and baby books and journals and picture albums. I haven't printed pictures other than Christmas and Birthday cards since Annaliese was born. Isaac's scrapbook has been put on hold at 6 months and Annaliese hasn't even got one started yet. I am so not what I wanted to be! But I guess that's because we're so busy living that I just haven't taken the time to put it all down- or at least that's what I tell my self.

Signing off for now, have to upload some of the pics I'll never print to Facebook so my family can see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment